Event Safety Information
The Contact Epic is Outdoor Mark certified and DOC approved:
When you are in the back country YOU are the person primarily responsible for your own safety. We will try to limit the event infrastructure so that it will not be too noticeable during this event so you can enjoy the course with minimal interference.
You will be a long way from home so you need to ensure that you:
- Carry the recommended gear.
- Ensure you have a well maintained bike.
- Have trained sufficiently to ride the distance and stay focused on the hazards and your own needs for food and water.
- Ensure you complete, on the entry form, any specific medical condition you have that may affect your well being and or treatment.
- If you come across an accident, you must stop and give all reasonable care that you can, while sending someone forward (not back) to the nearest Marshal for help. The Marshal will call in the situation to the Event Safety Manager so that we can get expert help on the scene as soon as possible.
- We will have first aid trained Marshals situated throughout the course, in the tail-end-Charlie vehicle and at the finish line.
Event Safety will be managed by: Gary Dickson, professional Mountain Guide and Director of Alpinism & Ski Ltd.